Any comments, problems or queries about this website,
please contact the ITS Webmaster:
Link to EAZA Best Practice Guidelines for Turaco prepared by Louise Peat, Cotswold Wildlife Park - here
Welcome to our Website
A Turaco is an exotic African softbill.
pair canoodling here are White-cheeked Turacos. Later we will introduce you to many more species as you continue to tour the site. Please select your destination using
the navigation buttons on the left.
The International Turaco Society aims to research and promote good husbandry practices; support conservation projects that have an impact on wild populations and unite turaco enthusiasts around the world.
The International Turaco Society was set up in 1993 by a group of turaco enthusiasts who met at the Cotswold Wildlife Park in Burford (Oxfordshire in England). Anyone interested in any aspect of keeping or breeding turacos is welcome to join.
- £15 U.K. or overseas, if you want magazine issues posted to you.
- £10 U.K. or overseas, if you want magazine issues sent via e-mail link to download as pdfs.
support the I.T.S. You can apply or renew on
line. Thank you to the members who have already renewed.
If you wish to pay a subscription directly into the ITS bank account, please contact the webmaster for details of our bank account.
Members, remember that you can advertise turacos wanted or for sale on this website, free of charge, see here.
Issue 59 - Spring 2023: Copies of Issue 59 were posted to all paid up full members on 09/05/23. A link to a pdf copy has also been e-mailed to pdf members.
Subscription for 2023 is due, so please renew if you haven't already done so. Thank you.
If you have anything which could be included in future issues, please e-mail them to email@example.com.
new on the site? (newest first)
- Numbers of members and which countries they come from (members only, link 'Information') - updated 30th May
- Information about Issue 59 of our magazine, Spring 2023, added above - 9th May
- ITS committee members edited here - edited 17th April
- Chairman's report for 2023, including accounts for the year (members only, link 'Meetings') - added 15th April
- The I.T.S. 2024 AGM, is proposed to take place on Saturday 6th April 2024, at 2pm at the Cotswold Wildlife Park, Burford, Oxon., England and on Zoom online - see visits - added 15th April
- Members adverts - turacos wanted or for sale - updated 14th April 2023
- Update of postage prices due to Royal Mail price increases 3rd April 2023
- Zoom link for 2023 AGM at 2pm (UK time) added to members' area (members only, link 'Meetings') - added 13th April
- Link to online survey about proposed changes to registration requirements for all bird keepers in Great Britain - added 10th March
- Update of members' password for 2023 (members only) - 1st January
- Link to a website which helps you to recycle materials into something useful, plus lots of information about bird watching, bird identification and ways to help birds - here - added 21st December
- Magazine Issue 58 available for purchase - here - added 18th November
- Magazine extract for Issue 58 (members link 'Resources') - added 18th November
- Magazine contents full list - updated 18th November
- Link to I.T.S. Instagram page added above - 17th September
- Knysna Turaco pin badges for sale £2.50 per badge here - added 9th September
- Link to a guide designed to help anyone who wants to get started with bird watching - here - added 9th September
- Movie and article: 'Breeding Lady Rossís Turacos' - here - added 5th September
- Minutes of 2022 Committee Meeting and A.G.M. (members only, link 'Meetings') - added 20th May
- Update to ITS Conservation Projects here - updated 8th May
- Members personal details, by request only (members only, link 'Information') - updated 22nd April
- Prince Ruspoli's Turaco pin badges for sale £2.50 per badge here (see brochure) - added 27th March
- Links to a blog which walks you through the steps of creating a DIY wire mesh bird feeder and a website for birding beginners, plus to a Backyard Birdwatching website in North Carolina - other sites - added 25th January
- Bibliography of articles from ITS Magazines on Turaco Management and Wild Observations (members only, link 'Resources')
- Lost and found' link to UK National Pet Register